1. Do I get commission on all purchases made by the user (last click attribution model)?
The Last-Click Attribution model assigns 100% credit to the final touch points (i.e the click that immediately precede sales or conversions.
Last-Click Attribution refers to a model in which the “last click” is given credit for a sale or conversion. In other words.
Affiliates will only be attributed with the sale if the user has come from a DCMnetwork affiliate link, approved site and converts within cookie period.
2. Do I get commission on all purchases made by the user (session)?
In order to earn a commission, the customer must click on the unique affiliate link on your site or marketing material, visit the advertiser website, add complete the purchase process.
The session begins when the customer clicks through your unique affiliate link and lands on website and ends when the first of the following events occurs:
- 24 Hours elapse from the customer's initial click-through
- The customer places an order for a product
We will only pay commission on eligible orders according to advertiser's terms and conditions, once validated by advertisers.
3. My conversion has not been attributed
Conversions are not attributed due to any of the following reasons:
- Conversions are uploaded/reconciled by the 20th of every month. If you check your report before this date, you might not have the full picture. For eg. Conversion recorded on November, will maximum be uploaded by 20th December
- All advertisers have a scrubbing rate, which means a monthly review of conversions attributed and its authenticity. Non- legitimate leads are reviewed and rejected.
- You might have used the incorrect tracking link when you promoted offers. This way the advertiser system does not record that this conversion came from DCMnetwork and will not be attributed to you
If you think your conversion was incorrectly not attributed, you can get in touch with us and share the below details with us at email@example.com
- Offer name, Order IDs, Sale amounts
- Date (If you have the receipts, please share those with us)
- Transaction ID (if captured)
- Tracking links used
Your failed transaction can be manually accounted if sent in within the specified time period. Failing to do so will result in losing the attribution for that particular conversion.